Photo by Adolphe Pierre-Louis/Albuquerque Journal
The historic church celebrates its 400th Anniversary in 2015. Located a few blocks from the Plaza, the original mission was built between 1615 and 1627. It has massive adobe walls, large carved vigas, and supporting corbel arches. The church remains an inspiration symbol of the Spanish Catholic heritage, celebrated by the annual Fiestas in late September.